Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important role to play in raising school standards.
The role of the governing body at Chesnut Lodge is absolutely key to the effectiveness of our school.
School Governors provided strategic leadership and accountability. There key functions are:
- To set the aims and objectives for the school.
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support for the headteacher.
We encourage our Governors to be active members of our school community and support them in developing their knowledge and skills to ensure effective school improvement. We have six meetings per year as a full Governing Body, and many Governors are linked to classes so that they can get to know the pupils and staff, and find out exactly what the school is all about.
WE CURRENTLY HAVE VACANCIES ON OUR GOVERNING BODY
If you are interested in becoming a Governor at Chesnut Lodge, please contact the school office for further information - 0151 424 0679.
Chair of Governors - Mrs Liz Hindley can be contacted by phoning the school office: 0151 424 0679 and asking for your details to be passed on, or by writing a letter, addressing it to the Chair and handing it in at the school office.